What are ways you can save on propane
Being a Routed customer.
(No unnecessary phone calls & extra trips out)
Tank sizing in some
situations. (Just ask)
Tax free programs with
Buying in volume like
any other commodity. Sometimes this can be accomplished by joining
in a propane Buying Group
Warm and Cozy
- A propane furnace consistently supplies air at 120 degrees
Fahrenheit. Electric heat pumps dispense 95-degree air, which is
less than body temperature (98.6 degrees), so the air feels cool,
Propane gas furnaces last an average of 20 years, while electric
heat pumps last an average of 12 years. The cost of repairing
propane gas furnaces is also lower than the cost of repairing
- Vent-free propane-fueled space heaters are 99.9 percent efficient
and include oxygen depletion sensors that automatically turn units
off if oxygen levels drop below specified levels. They can also
include thermostats and heat distribution blowers.
Propane-fueled space heaters produce fewer air pollutants and
greenhouse gas emissions than those fueled by fuel oil and
electricity. In fact, the energy used to power electric heaters
produces emissions two to four times higher than the energy produced
to power propane heaters.
Not too Hot, Not too Cold, Just Right
Relax by the Fireplace
- Propane gas water heaters cost approximately $10 less per month to
operate than comparable electric units. On average, propane water
heaters are 42 percent less expensive than electric heaters. Over an average life span, propane gas water heaters can save
homeowners nearly $2,000 more than an electric unit.
- Propane gas water heaters heat more than twice as much water in an
hour as a comparable electric model.
- Sales of gas-burning fireplace units are increasing. In fact, some
propane marketers report that nearly one-third of their new
customers are coming to them specifically for propane hearth
- Propane gas fireplace systems cost between 30 and 60 percent less
per hour of operation than wood burning fireplaces.
- Propane gas fireplaces emit 40 times fewer emissions than
wood-burning units and cost less to operate.
- Propane gas fireplaces can be turned off easily with a switch,
eliminating concern about remaining embers.
- Propane-fueled cook tops offer instant heat and absolute temperature
- Ninety-seven percent of professional chefs prefer cooking with gas.
- Unlike electricity-powered appliances, propane appliances are not
affected by power outages. Homeowners can continue to enjoy cooking
meals in warm homes.
- Propane-fueled dryers can complete drying tasks in approximately
three-quarters of the time it takes an electric unit. Some models
save up to 65 percent in costs over electric dryers.
© Copyright 2007 Windmill Propane. All rights reserved.